Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Re-Writing (or Trying to re-write) Indian History in California

NEW DELHI - In the halls of Sacramento, a special commission is rewriting Indian history: debating whether Aryan invaders conquered the subcontinent, whether Brahman priests had more rights than untouchables, and even whether ancient Indians ate beef.


That this seemingly arcane Indian debate has spilled over into California's board of education is a sign of the growing political muscle of Indian immigrants and the rising American interest in Asia.


At the end of this read, it's not sound right to me. Read in Detail here

5 comments:

Tabs said...

im back after a long time and i see uv changed the template

Dinesh Babuji said...

Good blog site mate! And I loved your nithalla chintan! I would start a hindi blog soon, when I gigure out how to type hindi on blogger.

Tarun said...

Hi Tarun......Do i say more.....Great Page,Great Setup.
Check out my some time

Tarun said...

I did not get ur comment :-(

Pallavi said...

huh :O